April 28, 2012

Seasons

Today is going to be a day of crying.   I will be crying for two different reasons though.   I have a funeral to attend, as well as a wedding.  Today, my dearest and best friend of almost 28 years will be burying her sweet daddy.   It hurts my heart to watch because of the bond these two shared.   We have prayed for him to be healed for a long time and those prayers were answered.  He was healed, just not here on earth.  

One of my Jamie's friends from high school is getting married today.   I KNOW Morgan is going to be a beautiful bride today.   I know this wedding will involve pink and Hello Kitty.    Watching two people get married always get my crying glands in full production.  

So today, I will be celebrating the end of a life and the beginning of a new life.   I will be crying tears of sadness and tears of joy.  Just two hour apart at that.


It is also a reminder to us all that while we are on the top of the mountain as I am sure Morgan will be today, that somewhere close by is someone who is in the deepest valley who just may need a hug or a smile.

 Oh, and if you happen to see me around 6:00 p.m. tonight, please just look the other way.

To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
Ecclesiates 3:8



No comments:

Post a Comment