April 14, 2012

Never say never

I am almost embarrassed to write this post. I did something so out of character for me. I took the day off on Friday to get my car's 15k mile checkup in Clanton. Since I am so close to Birmingham, off I go to the Galleria to do some shopping. I don't know why I go because I almost never buy anything there. Well, this time I did. First, let me give you a little background of dealing with the kiosk's you see in the mall. I almost never make eye contact with the salesman at them. When they step out to grab hold of my attention, I politely stick out my hand and say "no thanks" and move on. Some of them can be a little pushy and ask again or even why I don't want to try their product. I never, ever give them a chance. Did I say never? Well, never say never because for some reason unbeknownst to me, I gave one a chance. I told him no, but he said something ( I don't' even remember what it was) that made me stop and listen to him. All he asked was for one minute of my time. I gave him a minute. And then another. That turned into about 30 minutes with him demonstrating his products to me. I have to admit, they were really good products. A little pricey, but great products. The salesman was the perfect person to be in sales. He was GOOD. Of course, after I told him they were all too pricey for my budget, he cuts me a deal too good to pass up. He sells me one product that the box was damaged, but never used. Looking back, they probably do that on a few boxes for those really hard to sell customers. BUT, never say never because I bought two of his products. Of course, I had buyers remorse when I got home that night over spending more than I should have. I have used them both several times since yesterday, and I still love them. There was one more product I wanted, but did not buy, so I did me a little research on the internet. There was good news and bad news. The good news was that most everybody that used their products raved over them. They were repeat customers. The bad news is I can buy most of it SO much cheaper on Amazon. I should have known that. The name of the company is Deep Sea Cosmetics. They are made in Israel and they are great! I would recommend anybody to give their products a try, but do not under any circumstances make eye contact with any rep selling them. It could be hazardous to your budget.

No comments:

Post a Comment