February 14, 2012

Love it or hate it?

I don't know of any other holiday that brings on so many different opinions than Valentine's Day. You either hate it or love it. A lot of people claim that they don't like the "one" day of the year to show someone you love them. I get that. You should let your loved ones know every single day that you love them. Or they don't like getting a gift just because it is V day. They would rather get something on a random day. I get that too. But nobody has a problem celebrating mother's day. Valentines is no different than mother's day or father's day. It is nothing more than setting aside a day to remind your loved one just how much you love them. It doesn't have to be some grand gesture. I seriously am okay in getting just card, which by the way, I did not get this year. V Day completely slipped my husband's mind this year. I personally love Valentines Day. I agree that we shouldn't limit it to 1 day out of 365. We need to let our loved ones know as much as we can just what they mean to us. But I love that one day that we pump it up just a bit. That and any day that might result in me getting chocolate is a day worth celebrating!

No comments:

Post a Comment